Taboola, the world’s largest content recommendation platform, is excited to be opening its office in Jerusalem!
For this, we are looking for a Software Engineering Team Manager to join us and be part of building this new team and office.
As a Software Engineering Team Leader in Taboola, you will:
- First of all, be one of the first Taboolars in Jerusalem :)
- Establish, recruit and lead highly talented developers who are working on large scale products and in a fast paced dynamic company
- Work closely with product management for achieving business goals
- Design, develop and own modules which have direct impact on company success.
- Put a special focus on team growth challenges
- Proactively define and lead R&D agile methodologies as well as processes with other business teams
- Develop one of the largest real time big data operation in the world to support over 50TB of new data every day, 500K requests per second and billions of business interactions every day.
- Influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet
- Work on projects such as: Internet Personalization, Content Feed, Real Time Bidding, Content Optimization, Infrastructure, Big Data and High Scale abilities and much more
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux.
What Experience you need:
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team and leading projects hands-on from end to end
- Experience in engineering best practices (code-reviews, testing coverage, agile methodologies)
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multithreading programming
- 7+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Highly Proficient in Linux environment
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, strive to achieve results, excellent communication skills and leadership by example.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Big Data tools
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining and machine learning